Ingredients (makes 4 servings so I doubled this so we’d have leftovers):
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil instead
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, copped
- 1 medium butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Melt the coconut oil in a large pot, and cook the onion, carrot, squash, ginger, garlic and curry powder for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency. Or better yet, if you have an immersion blender you can skip the blender and extra dishes by blending the soup up right in the pot! Season with salt and pepper.