#chicken, #cleaneating, #food, #glutenfree, #instaeats, #instafood, #italianfood, #lowcarb, #muirglen, #nomnom, #organic, #paleo, #paleoeats, #paleofood, #paleoleap, #quinoa, #sugarfree, #whole30, #yummy
Over the weekend J discovered a fantastic resource for recipes: Paleo Leap. I’m super stoked for their app to come out soon as well! While I really enjoy putting together some of my own creations in the kitchen, it’s also great to try out some of the tasty recipes we find on the web. Here is our experience with this paleo-friendly slice of Italy!
Tuscan Chicken Skillet
Author: Paleo Leap
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 15 oz. fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. thyme
- Cooking fat (I used coconut oil)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt some cooking fat in a large skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add some more cooking fat to the skillet if necessary.
- Add the sliced mushrooms in a single layer and brown for a few minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, oregano, thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, combine well, adjust the seasoning if needed, and serve.
We chose to serve this over quinoa but it would also be great over cooked spiralized zucchini! Delish!